Funeral Home Cremations Altavista Va
Finch & Finch, Inc. Funeral & Cremation Service, an awardee of the National Funeral Directors Association in Altavista, VA, offers a variety of funeral services, such as burial and cremation. To help you get through this tough time, let us make the funeral arrangement on your behalf. Rest assured that our compassionate staff will be there to support you every step of the way. We offer many options according to your budget and preference so you can choose the best for your loved one.
When going through a challenging moment like losing a loved one, all we need is someone to count on. If you need some assistance, contact us at 434-369-5621.
Various Options for Funeral and Cremation in Altavista, VA
Remember that an end-of-life service does not have to be over the top and break the bank. You can plan the service to be traditional and nostalgic or change things up and do it your way. Our team is ready to help with anything you need.
- Funeral Service: When you are planning a funeral service, you may choose to go full-service with a viewing or visitation before the funeral service. This intimate service gives friends and family the chance to say their final words to the deceased and is open-casket optional. After the funeral service, you may opt for a graveside ceremony at the burial location. If all these events are not your style, you can skip straight to immediate burial with an intimate gathering to keep it simple.
- Cremation Service: Cremations are growing in popularity and are a dignified way to lay your loved one to rest. Direct cremations offer low-cost cremations for families that would like to gather in private to scatter the ashes in a location of importance. Cremations with a memorial ceremony are available for those who want to provide a formal gathering for friends and families from afar to attend and pay their final respects.
- Grief Therapy Dog on Staff: Our Sheepadoodle, Maggie, is on-staff and available upon request. She offers a distraction to the young and old, providing levity and comfort to a sometimes-heavy event. So let our funeral home dog cheer you up or snuggle up close for a tummy scratch.
- Custom Printing: For all of your memorial needs, you can request custom printing for the programs, tributes, or permanent memorialization. Our team can accommodate any requests. What you choose for your loved ones will go down in the history of their lives, so you can make it special with custom printing.
- Mobile Arrangements: Pre-planning funeral services can be done entirely online. Make plans for your final arrangements that may be years in the future. You can revisit the programs at any time to make changes as circumstances change. The password-protected document provides a secure place to make arrangements for any end-of-life service.
- Monuments: When it comes to permanent memorialization, you want to honor your loved one in line with their preferences. Choose among various monuments, large and small, to commemorate the deceased’s life.
- Pet Cremation and Pet Burial: A family pet is beloved by all family members, providing memories from time as a puppy with small children into adulthood. Give your pet the end-of-life service they deserve with pet cremation or pet burial. You can throw a pet.
Military Honors and Veteran Services
When planning funeral and cremation in Altavista, VA, one thing that comes to mind is preparing exemplary services for those who have served the country. Our funeral planning team can take care of any paperwork to acquire the end-of-life service benefits. And we can implement any traditions you prefer, such as burial with the flag, bagpipes playing at the funeral, and other honoring services.
As you make arrangements, you may feel overwhelmed by the funeral products that are available. You can look at samples and ask questions about any caskets, urns, vaults, and memorials that you are interested in. Our planning team will offer a variety of products, all at various price points, to accommodate each family’s budget.
Contact Our Trusted Funeral Service Today
If you are ready to start pre-planning funeral and cremation in Altavista, VA, call on
Finch & Finch, Inc. Funeral & Cremation Service. Make arrangements ahead of time so that your family does not have to guess what you would have wanted. You can even pre-pay for the services to alleviate the financial stress associated with end-of-life services. The funds are transferrable if circumstances change as the years go on.
For those who have just learned about a death in the family, let our funeral planning team do what we do best. We can plan a funeral on a few days’ notice as death often happens unexpectedly. We have the resources and connections to put together a beautiful ceremony that will honor your loved one in an extraordinary way. So, call today to get started.
Funeral Home and Cremations FAQs
How Much is the Average Cremation in Altavista, VA?
The average cost of a cremation in Altavista, VA is $3,795. The cost of a cremation can vary depending on the funeral home you use, the type of casket you choose, whether or not you want an urn, and whether or not you have any special requests. Many funeral homes offer package deals that include cremation and other services like a funeral or memorial services.
Can Cremation Ashes Be Split into Several Parts?
Ashes can absolutely be split after cremation. In fact, many people choose to do this so that each family member can have a portion of the ashes. It's entirely up to you what you do with your loved one's ashes, and some families even choose to scatter them in different places that were meaningful to the deceased. There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to cremation ashes, so ultimately it's up to you and your family to decide what feels right for you. Talk to your funeral director or staff if you have any questions or need assistance in making your decision. You can check here for some funeral merchandise.
Can Cremation Urns Be Buried in Your Own Backyard?
Yes. Many cremation urns are made of materials that can be buried in the ground. It is important to consult with your funeral home or cemetery to verify that the urn you choose is allowed to be buried in the ground. You'll also need to check with your local municipality to find out any specific regulations or requirements for the burial of cremation urns.