Funeral Home Cremations Lynchburg Va
We extend help to the community and have been passionate and hardworking in the funeral industry. Finch & Finch, Inc. Funeral & Cremation Service offers sensitive funeral, burial, and cremation services in Lynchburg, VA and the neighboring areas. As a family-owned and operated business since 1905, we are proud to be a fifth-generation funeral home with deep roots in the community. We maintain the family tradition of offering exceptional value, attention to even the smallest detail, and caring, compassionate service to families in their time of need. We take pride in providing our clients with unforgettable remembrance services that meet their needs and reflect their desires. Give us a call at 434-369-5621 and we invite you to come in and see for yourself how we're revolutionizing the way you think about funeral service.
Planning an open-invite event for a large group may not be at the top of your list when you have just learned about a death in your family. It can be overwhelming to make funeral and cremation arrangements in Lynchburg, VA. You may not even know where to start. The best thing you can do is pick up the phone and call our team at Finch & Finch, Inc. Funeral and Cremation Service. We have made it possible to make arrangements using our online planning tool so that you don’t even have to leave the comfort of your own home.
Our team provides assistance around the clock, making sure you never have to wait days for a callback and wonder if your message was received. As a result, each family that chooses our funeral home is left satisfied with their services. In addition, once you use our funeral home, you will always have a trusted funeral business on speed dial if the unexpected were to occur. There is nothing better than knowing you won’t be taken advantage of by a funeral service during this sensitive time.
Customize Your Funeral and Cremation in Lynchburg, VA
Browse through these options for making your funeral or memorial service your own:
- Funeral Service: Are you interested in a full-service funeral? Or would you like to keep it simple and affordable by choosing immediate burial? A full-service funeral can be a weekend full of events. Start with a viewing or a visitation, where you can choose to open the casket and let family and friends get up close and personal with the deceased. The funeral service comes next with speakers and musical numbers. After comes the graveside ceremony at the burial site. And finally, the reception ends the funeral affairs with good food and great company. Full-service funerals are satisfying and eventful. But you don’t have to go all out. Immediate burials are also available if you would like to lay your loved one to rest with a few people at the burial site.
- Cremation Service: Direct cremation is the most affordable cremation option, without a funeral. Many people choose this budget-friendly option and hold a private scattering of the ashes in their own time. A cremation with a memorial ceremony is an upgraded option if you would like to plan an event for friends near and far to travel and attend. Memorials can be held weeks after the death if that is more convenient for the family.
- Life Celebrations: Throw a more casual event in honor of your loved one with food, music, dancing, a chance to share stories and memories, and hobbies on display. Your end-of-life service has no rules on how it has to look. Instead, you can decide what best reflects the life of your loved one.
- Veteran Services: Let our funeral home know if the deceased served our country. We can help secure veteran and military benefits for the end-of-life service. We can also implement military honors[NC1] and veteran services into the program as you wish.
- Grief Therapy Dog on Staff: Our Sheepadoodle, Maggie, is on-site to help you through the grieving process. It can be healing to pet a friendly dog and bring a smile to your face amidst challenging times. Maggie comes out upon request and does not disrupt the service if you do not want her there. In addition, other grief services are available to help you navigate the unknown territory of mourning.
- Permanent Memorialization: Custom Printing for programs, tributes, monuments, grave markers, etc., can be done through our funeral home. Skip the extra costs of hiring third-party customization. Instead, let our team take care of your special requests for permanent memorialization.
- Mobile Arrangements: Use our online planning tool for your funeral planning. Make all the arrangements from the comfort of your own home. You can bet that our funeral planning team will catch anything that is not included in your online plans and take it from there.
- Pet Cremation and Pet Burial: We know how vital a family pet is to the family’s memories. Honor the life of your pet through pet cremation or pet burial. We can arrange pet funeral services so that your animal gets the goodbye they deserve.
- Pre-planning Funeral Services: You don’t have to wait until after a death to make funeral and cremation plans in Lynchburg, VA. Take advantage of your clear mind now and make plans for an impending death or even for a funeral that may be years away. You can choose funeral products, like caskets, vaults, urns, and memorials. You can specify food choices and flower arrangements.
Call Our Funeral Home Now to Get Started
Instead of drowning in funeral and cremation plans in Lynchburg, VA, let our staff take the stress off your hands. Our Finch & Finch, Inc. Funeral & Cremation Service team has the connections to make your end-of-life service memorable and healing. Access our online planning tool to start making your selections.
Funeral Home and Cremations FAQs
How Do You Deal with the Emotions During a Funeral?
Funerals are a time of intense mourning and sadness. It's normal to feel overwhelmed by the emotions you're experiencing. One way is to give yourself time to grieve. It's normal to feel a range of emotions after a death, including sadness, anger, guilt, and loneliness. Allow yourself to experience these feelings and don't try to bottle them up. Another way is to seek out support from friends and family members. Talking about your feelings can help you deal with them more effectively. Lastly, find an outlet for your emotions. Whether it's writing in a journal, painting, or exercising, find something that allows you to express your feelings in a productive way.
What to Do When You Can’t Pay for a Funeral in Lynchburg, VA?
If you are unable to afford a funeral, there are a few options available to you. You can contact the local funeral home and ask about their payment plans. Nowadays, many funeral homes offer funeral financing. You may also be able to receive financial assistance from the government or from private organizations. In some cases, you may be able to have a public funeral. Finally, if you have any assets that can be sold, you may be able to use the money to pay for a funeral.
Can Funerals Be Held in Private?
Yes, funerals can be held in private. If you wish to have a funeral that is not open to the public, you can arrange for a private funeral service. This type of funeral is usually less expensive than a traditional funeral, as there is no need to rent a venue or hire additional staff. Additionally, privacy can be particularly important for those who have suffered a recent loss or who wish to keep their mournful occasion more intimate.